So...I got to thinking about it and decided to surprise him! I thought since I had all of the pictures of his signs, signs, and more signs...I would just share them with everyone. RB's father started this and he has followed in his footsteps. We love going antiquing and looking for signs and old "stuff!" The past few years there has not been a lot of collecting. We didn't have the room for it all at our 1st house. When we bought that house, it was perfect! Oh how things change. Before long, Alex-Shae's belongings were more and more and more! So what you are about to see is what RB has done since we moved into our new home in January. We made an agreement...he could have the basement and I could have the upstairs. It has worked out just fine! Although, he doesn't occupy the entire basement...Alex-Shae has a playroom down there, but he is so fine with that!
This is the view when you first see the basement from the steps. Yes...it is full. It looks like an old general store. Let me just assure each of you, RB knows where every sign is hanging, its worth, where it came from, and what he paid for it! FYI..the bench in front of the couch is an old old altar! I love that, and I probably need to be using it!
This is one of three gas pumps, 2 are outside! (Oh...we haven't moved the 2 outside yet, they are still at his Mom's!) I sure wish I could have filled up the past few months on these pumps!
Coca-Cola is his main collection! As you can see, there are lots of signs. At the top is his Coca-Cola Christmas Village, and it stays out year round.
More signs! One of my favorites is the EX-LAX sign. I tried to get him to put it in the bathroom!
Here is our kitchen downstairs. Yes, 2 kitchens for someone who never cooks. However, this summer we used this one a lot. It was so handy going in and out to the pool, although we did get the pool done at the end of the season. I am sure it will be handy in the years to come!
This is the view if you come in from outside! Yes...just more and more and more. It is a true delight dusting all of this! But...RB does help with that!Okay just for the record...the upstairs doesn't have anything coca-cola! RB still has 2 gas pumps for outside, a red top counter, and some old coke machines that we haven't moved. Question...Where is he going to put them? ANSWER...That is why they haven't got moved yet, we don't know!!!

What an amazing collection!! I'm glad R.B helps you dust.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Your RB and my mom could be best buddies. She loves signs and antiquing as well. She has so many, she built a building behind her house that looks like a little country store to showcase all of her precious collectibles in.
ReplyDeleteGosh, it's so organized! Hey, I went into a Coca Cola store in Vegas--it was really neat. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletelove the signs, love to antique as well, rb has good taste and he hangs them very well i might add
ReplyDeleteLOVE it! It's so neat!
ReplyDeleteJust added you to my friends list. Hope that's okay! :-)
ReplyDelete